Call for Papers and Case Studies
9th BIM Academic Symposium & Job Task Analysis Review
7-8 April 2015
The National Institute of Building Sciences buildingSMART alliance is sponsoring its 9th event to focus on building information modeling (BIM) in education. The BIM Academic Symposium, will be held Tuesday, April 7, 2015, followed by a BIM Job Task Analysis Review on Wednesday, April 8, at the institute’s headquarters in Washington, D.C.
This two-day event brings together representatives of different academic programs and industries to discuss the technology-based collaboration among the architecture, engineering, construction, owner and operator (AECOO) industry. The Academic Workshop will explore how BIM educational activities incorporated at different levels of college curriculum are affecting the attainment of educational outcomes through credentialing, accreditation or certification.
Attendees will review papers and case studies to further academic models and generate dialogue about the issues involved with the transformational disruption of changing the way academia educates to support BIM and all the offshoot opportunities BIM is creating to improve productivity.
Researchers, academicians and practitioners in the AECOO industry are invited to submit short papers (up to 8 pages) and/or presentations that describe best practices, experiences and challenges for incorporating BIM into educational programs or describe specific course or project experiences. Specific topics to be addressed include:
|• Learning Outcomes Assessments
• Pedagogical Models
• Interdisciplinary Approaches
• Research Opportunities
• Accreditation Issues
|• Curriculum Integration
• Sample Courses & Sample Lessons
• Student Projects
• Industry Involvement
• Academic Business Models and Return on Investment
- November 29, 2014 – 300-word abstract submission is due to the organizing committee at: http://s203.bcn.ufl.edu/bimeducation/openconf. Due to limited space, submissions will be considered for acceptance on a first-come basis.
- December 8, 2014 – Acceptance notifications issued.
- January 12, 2015 – Full paper submissions due.
- February 9, 2015 – Presentation notifications issued.
- March 1, 2015 – Final Papers, copyright releases and presentations due.