On-campus Construction Management
Two degrees are offered. A Master of Science in Construction Management for those who write a thesis and a Master of Construction Management for those who do not write a thesis. A major in Sustainable Construction is also available.
The Construction Management masters program accepts students who have bachelors degrees from accredited colleges or universities, upper-division grade point averages of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, and combined minimum Graduate Record Examination (GRE) of 300 with at least a 140 on the Verbal section of the exam. Applicants also need three letters of recommendation, one of which may come from an employer. It is recommended that applicants also submit a resume.
International students whose native language is not English must also submit satisfactory scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS). The minimum acceptable score on the TOEFL is 84 for the Internet-based exam and 560 for the paper-based one. A minimum of 21 on each section of the Internet-Based TOEFL is required. On the academic IELTS exam, all sections must have a score of at least 6.5 with a minimum of a 6.5 overall score. Alternatively, students may successfully complete the University of Florida’s English Language Institute program.
Note that admissions are competitive and we evaluate applications holistically. Meeting our minimum standards does not guarantee acceptance into our program.
The deadline for Fall 2017 is February 15th 2017. Fall decisions will be emailed to students in April. The Spring 2017 deadline is August 1st 2016. It is advised to apply as early as possible for any given term.
- Applicants must apply online. The online application is available on the UF Office of Admissions’ website.
- A statement of purpose, resume, and unofficial transcripts are to be uploaded to the online application.
- The online application is also where applicants list the email addresses of their references. The references will upload their letters of recommendation directly to the online application.
- Applicants must also mail official copies of their transcripts and bachelor’s degree certificates to the the UF Office of Admissions. Their mailing address is on the bottom portion of their website.
- Test scores should be sent directly to Admissions from the agencies who administer the exams. The UF school code is 5812.
Curriculum, Prerequisites, and Leveling Courses
Please see the Curriculum Sheet (PDF) for a complete list of courses and prerequisites. Not every student will need all of the prerequisites/leveling courses. Those students from Civil Engineering, Architecture, Building Construction, and Construction Management programs will be able to waive many of the prerequisites. The prerequisites may be taken as leveling courses once a student has been accepted to the master’s program. Waiving of prerequisites is done only after a student matriculates into the master’s degree program.
Our Construction Management degrees are STEM
Both the MCM and MSCM degrees, along with the Sustainable Construction major, are classified as involving science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) by the United States government.