Computer Requirements 2013 - 2014 (Minimum)
Intel Core i5 or i7 (3.0GHz burst speed
(Note: Boot Camp, Windows 7 or 8, and windows versions of the software are required with a Mac)
Notebook Computer with:
- 500GB (or more) Hard Disk Drive
*NOTE: On a Mac, the Windows 7/8 partition must be a minimum of 500GB
- 8 GB RAM (Minimum)
- LCD Display with 512 MB (or greater) Graphics Card
(dedicated graphics card, non-integrated graphics is best).
- Display Supports 1024 x 768 resolution or better.
- Built-in Ethernet and Wireless a/b/g/n (Bluetooth 2.0 suggested)
(Estimated Purchase Cost $1,000-$3,000).
- Microsoft Windows 7 or 8 (Windows 8 does not mean RT or Surface. RT and Surface are "device" versions of the OS and can not handle the software requirements)
- Microsoft Office (2010 or latest)**
(Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
(Purchase Academic Version from Technology Hub)
- Autodesk Revit Architecture and NavisWorks (Check with Instructor for free download)
- Timberline (Will be handed out in Estimating II class)
- Primavera Project Planner/Contract Manager (Get info from Instructor)
(Estimated Cost $1,000-$1,500)